Why do I need a wine cooler when I can just store my whites in the fridge and my reds on a rack?
This is a question we hear a lot from people who don’t know the difference between storing wine in the fridge and preserving it in a cooler or cellar. For them, wine isn’t as much of an investment as it is an afterthought to a hastily put together dinner party. But chances are, you’re not one of them. You’re here because you do know the difference and to you, wine is more than just a than just an afterthought. For you – wine is a financial investment, it’s a memory, it’s a commemoration to those you love and times you’ll cherish.
We know the difference too, which is why we’ve dedicated this site to bringing you the best unbiased wine cooler reviews on the net. Because we believe that the care you take in storing your wine makes a difference in how you’ll experience it later – whether that’s years later or a week after purchase. Whether you entertain often and want to have a selection of high quality wines ready to serve or are a serious collector with a selection of hard to find wines that are more like stock options than pallet cleansers, we can help you make a more informed decision when it comes to purchasing the right wine cooler for your needs.
To the uninitiated, having a wine cooler in your home may seem more like a status symbol than anything else. But, for anyone who’s serious about protecting the integrity of their wine purchases, proper storage is a necessity. After all, you wouldn’t store your family valuables out in the open, would you? Of course, not – that’s what safes, vaults and safety deposit boxes are for. Wine coolers serve the same purpose of protecting and preserving your precious wines from both the elements and outsiders.
Unbiased Wine Cooler Reviews
When it comes researching wine coolers on the internet, it can be easy to get overwhelmed with information. Reading reviews on Amazon and other sites don’t always paint a very clear picture of the pros and cons of the product and keeping up with the features of each can be a real headache. We’ve created this website to make things easy for you by providing detailed and unbiased reviews based on the information found on a variety of websites all in one place.
Each wine cooler review contains the pros and cons of the unit and what we believe you can expect from it. In addition, we’ve also included all of the specs on each, so that you can easily compare units that fit your needs – whether that’s based on the amount of space you have, how many wine bottles you need to store or whether you are looking for a freestanding or built in unit. Our goal is to provide independent wine cooler reviews and ratings that will help you make a better purchasing decision.
What You Need to Know Before Purchasing A Wine Cooler
Because there are so many different wine cooler types to choose from. Purchasing a wine cooler isn’t just about which brand is the best or has the most recognition, there are a wide variety of factors that you as a consumer need to consider. Some of those considerations include:
- Capacity – How many bottles of wine do you plan to store? What about in the future, do you plan on expanding your wine collection or are you satisfied with what you have? Not planning ahead for a growing wine collection is a mistake that many people make when purchasing their first wine cooler. If you’re passionate about wine, even if you’re just starting out, it’s always a good idea to get a cooler that’s just a touch larger than your current collection. The reason for this is that you want to make sure you’ve got enough room for those special bottles that won’t get opened right away, but can also store bottles for everyday occasions.
- Cooling Technology – Wine coolers use either a compressor or thermoelectric technology to keep wine cool. Do you know the difference between these two? Most people who do know the difference have a preference as to what kind of cooling technology their wine cooler uses. Once you know the difference between thermoelectric and compressor cooling, you’ll probably have a preference too.
- Installation Type – Wine coolers are either built-in or freestanding and contrary to what some people may tell you, you cannot install a freestanding unit in a built-in application. Do you know why? Don’t make the same mistake countless others have made by ordering the wrong type of wine cooler only to find out later that your contractor can’t install it.
- Dual Zone or Single – Some people have a preference for the type of wine they drink such as red, white or rose. If you find yourself gravitating to one or the other, a single zone wine cooler might be a good choice. But, if you’re the type of person who plays by the rules when it comes to pairing whites with fish and chicken and bold spicy reds with your steak, a dual zone wine cooler is probably the way to go.
- Budget – Wine coolers range in price from just under $100 for an entry level 6 bottle cooler to a few grand for massive coolers with anywhere from 2 – 4 cooling zones that can store well over 300 bottles. Contrary to what you might have thought – you don’t have to be wealthy to begin a wine collection and store it properly. In fact, you can start a quality wine collection and store it like a professional for less than $1000.
Buying a wine cooler is a serious investment, whether you’re spending just a few hundred for a counter-top model that can go just about anywhere, or a few thousand plus the installation fees for a built in unit. You’ll want to make sure you do your research first, which is why we’ve created CozyBodega.com – we’ve taken the most popular wine coolers on the market and have done the research for you.
At CozyBodega.com, you don’t need to scour the web for hours looking for the information you need before buying a wine cooler. We’ve seen what others have had to say and tallied up the results all in one place to help you save time and make the best decision on your investment.
Here, you’ll find the all of the necessary information about many of the major wine cooler brands on the market such as Avanti, Danby, Newair, Haier, Edgestar, Wine Enthusiast and a whole lot more. We’ll also provide you with ratings and reviews on other models that you may not be aware of yet as well.
Our wine cooler reviews allow you to compare everything from major features such as capacity, storage type, installation type and more. We’ve researched everything you need to know in order to make a buying decision and put it all in one place, right at your fingertips. We’ll also keep you up to date on any deals available from our vendors.